FerroCAL® composed of an advanced & balanced formula of Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Iron, Folic Acid and Zinc.
A formula which is required by the human body, when demands for these components increase, specially during pregnancy & lactation, menopause, old age, malnutrition and malabsorption.
In pregnant women, Calcium demand increases with the pregnancy progress.
• Calcium, is essential for human life. Apart from being a major constituent of bones and teeth, Calcium is important for nerve conduction, muscle contraction, heartbeat, blood coagulation, energy production and maintenance of immune function. Among other things, severe Calcium deficiency may lead to abnormal heartbeat, dement muscle spasm and convulsions.
There are many groups at risk of marginal Calcium deficiency such as: women in child-bearing age, pregnant & lactating women, elderly people, post menopausal women, people on diet and inactive people. There is evidence that Calcium supplementation is beneficial in decreasing the incidence of bone fractures & osteoporosis in pregnant or post menopausal women.
• Vitamin D, essential for bone metabolism, it regulates the intestinal absorption of both Calcium and Phosphates, which are important for bones & teeth formation and maintenance.When Vitamin D intake is inadequate, Calcium absorption is reduced. Osteomalacia, muscle weakness, hypocalcemia and hypophosphatemia are vitamin D deficiency diseases.
• Vitamin C, is responsible for regeneration of epithelial tissues, cartilage, osteoid tissue, capillaries & blood vessels and lymphoid tissues. It is also responsible for Spermatogenesis and Oogenesis. Moreover, it enhances the intestinal absorption of iron. Vitamin C also contributes in making gums and teeth healthy. It is also needed for the synthesis of bile acids.
In addition, researches have indicated the role of vitamin C in the synthesis of several important hormones and neuro-transmitters, folic acid metabolism, immune function, antioxidant function and wound healing. Doctors recommend that pregnant & lactating women increase their Vitamin C intake, in order to guarantee the mother's needs.
• Iron, plays an important role in oxygen and electron transport. It provides a fundamental structure of haemoglobin, myoglobin, hemenzymes and many cofactors involved in enzymes activities, protecting the body from developing anaemias. During the child-bearing years, females must replace the iron lost in pregnancy and during ordinary menstruation. The needs during the coarse of pregnancy are great, to cover the fetal and maternal needs and there is no way that one can obtain this great amount only from dietary intake, and should be taken by iron supplementation.
• Folic Acid, deficiency occurs mainly in pregnant women and usually associated with signs & symptoms e.g. diarrhae, glossitis, G.l. distress and anaemia. There is an increased incidence of anaemia, prematurity and low birth weight infants, when folic acid deficiency occurs in pregnant women.
• Zinc, recently proven to have an important role in wound healing, specially after surgery, besides being important element in formation of hundreds of enzymes and co-enzymes, which are essential for carbohydrates and protein metabolism. Moreover, Zinc protects against growth retardation, skin aging, hair fall, immune disorder and dermatitis.
Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician, the usual dose is: One capsule daily, preferably after a meal.
Box of 2 strips, 7 capsules each.
Store below 25°C, rotect from li ht. Kee out of reach of children.