Each tablet contains: Amoxicillin 500 mg + Flucloxacillin 500 mg
Combifloxin is a combination of two bactericidal antibiotics (Amoxycillin which is abroad - spectium pencillin + Flucloxacillin which is penicillinase – resistant Penicillin).
This combination provides a wider spectrum of activity against different micro - organisms including Gram - Positives and Gram- negatives e.g. Penicillinase and non-Penicillinase
staphylococci,streptococci, Corynebacteruim diphtheriae, Clostridia species, H.influenzae, Moraxella Catarrhalis, E-Coli.
Comifloxin is indicated in the treatment of a wide range of infections such as:
1-Respiratory Tract Infections:
- Bronchitis - Pneumonia - Emphysema
2- Ear, Nose and Throat Infections:
- Otitis Media - Sinusitis - Tonsillitis - Pharyngitis
3- Gastro-intestinal Tract Infections:
- Enteritis - Typhoid & Paratyphoid fever
4- Urino – genital Tract Infections:
- Cystitis - Pyelonephritis - Prostatitis - Gonorrhea
5- Skin and soft – Tissue Infections:
- Boils - Abscesses - Carbuncles - Cellulitis - Post - operative wound infections
- Intra abdominal sepsis
6- Bone infections:
- Osteomyelitis - Septic arthritis
7- Other infections:
- Septicaemia - Endocarditis - Peritonitis - Billiary tract infections
Adults: 250 -1000 mg every 6 - 8 hours
Patients with known hypersensitivity to penicillin.
As with other penicillin, side effects are usually mild and transient and they are limited to diarrhea, indigestion and skin rashes.
In patients with sever renal impairment, dose should be reduced.
A box of 8 tablets in a blister.
Store below 25ºc, protect from light.
Keep out of reach of children.