Each tablet contains
Atorvastatin calcium 11 mg (equ. to 10 mg atorvastatin )
(Treatment with Torvast should be accompanied by diet.)
Torvast is indicated in cases of elevated total cholesterol ,LDL, apolipoprotien B and triglycerides, e.g.:
• Cases of primary hypercholesterolemia(heterozygous familial & non-familial )
• Cases of (mixed) dyslipidemia.
• Cases of hypersensitivity to this drug.
• Cases of active liver disease.
• Cases of pregnancy or breast feeding.
The side effects of Torvast are mild , transient , few or rare and they include constipation, flatulence, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, headache, nausea, myalgia, asthenia, diarrhea, insomnia, angioneurotic edema, muscle cramps, myositis, myopathy, paraesthesia, peripheral neuropathy, pancreatitis, anorexia, vomiting, alopecia, pruritus, rash, impotence, hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia.
Hypercholesterolemia should be tried to be controlled with appropriate diet, exercise and weight reduction in obese patients and treating other underlying medical problems before beginning therapy with atorvastatin.
* Torvast may cause elevation of creatine phosphokinase and transaminase levels.
* Liver function tests should be performed before beginning therapy with Torvast and periodically
• 1 tablet once daily with NO regards to mealtimes.
(N.B. The patient should take cholesterol-lowering diet before beginning therapy with Torvast and should continue during the therapy.)
* Concurrent administration of cyclosporine , fibric acid derivatives , erythromycin, niacin, azole
antifungals or immunosuppressive drugs with Torvast may raise the risk of myopathy.
* Torvast if co-administered with oral antacid suspension containing magnesium and aluminum
hydroxides may decrease Torvast concentrations in plasma.
* Colestipol when co-administered with Torvast may result in greater lipid reducing effect than when
either drugs taken alone.
* Concurrent administration of Torvast and digoxin increases steady-state plasma digoxin
concentrations, thus the digoxin dose should be monitored appropriately.
* Co-administration of erythromycin with Torvast causes a higher plasma concentration of
* The concomitant administration of oral contraceptives (containing norethindrone and ethinyl
estradiol ) and Torvast, causes increased AUC values for norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol.
Box of 7 tablets in one blister.
Store below 25?°C, Keep in dry place,
Keep out of reach of children